Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thu Dec 24, 2009 from Cleveland: HONGERA!

Hello again, Bashir, and HONGERA for your many great successes!

I am very impressed and admiring you for all the languages you speak: CHEWA, KISWAHILI, ENGLISH, and also your understanding to hear TONGA! All those languages -- that is totally amazing!

I speak English, and I used to be very fluent in French. However, I have lost most of my French ability due to lack of use and study over the years. Here in America, I think people are very bad about learning other languages. We get too satisfied with English and think we don't have to learn other languages. I don't like that attitude because I wish to know other languages, for example French and Kiswahili, because each language is a jewel of the people's culture.

Many people in America speak Spanish, because they are from a Spanish-speaking country. Many speak Arabic if they come from an Arabic country. Also, many speak Chinese or Vietnamese because those are their home countries.

Well, here it is about 10 pm Thursday night - Christmas Eve, and in Dar Es Salaam it is about 6 am Christmas morning! I am going to sleep now, so usiku mwema and Merry Christmas to my dear brilliant Bashir! I'm glad you have your laptop for your special Christmas present!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
Yours faithfully,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment