Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sun Dec 27, 2009 from Cleveland

Hi Son again!

I have finished my exercises and feel very energized. My heart smiles to read that you're eating well and enjoying a happy life!

I'm glad to learn about MANCHESTER UNITED'S great victory -- especially after the 2 difficult losses and injuries suffered by the players. I'm cheering for them to be on a winning streak to the title!

I will give Douglas your greetings when he returns from a visit with his friends! They are watching the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron James play basketball tonight. On Christmas Day, the Cavaliers had a strong victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, so we were all celebrating.

I forgot to tell you before, that for Christmas I sent Ava a bit of money so her mother (my sister Sarah) can take her shopping for some new clothes! When Ava was very tiny, I chose her clothes and dolls and mailed them to her. Now that she is 10, she likes to go shopping and decide on her favorite clothes! She feels too big to play with dolls now. Instead she likes to ride her bicycle and read mystery stories.

Yes, Christopher has a car, the 1992 Jetta. Mr. Jimmy and I have Chevrolet "Malibu." I have been driving since I was 16 years old! Here where we live in Cleveland, public transportation is terrible, and there are very few buses or taxis, so it's best to have a car. However, for many years when I was poor, I had no car, and it was almost impossible to get to a job or to the grocery store. One thing I like about Dar Es Salaam is all the public transportation to get people where they need to go!

We don't mind having old cars, because Mr. Jimmy keeps them running like new! He can fix anything because he's an excellent mechanic.

Do you know how to drive? I wonder if Mr. Iddi will teach you!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU!

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment