Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan 28 2010 from Cleveland

Hello Bashir! How is my dear Son today? I have got the 50 USD and on Friday night after work I will send it to you at Western Union. It will be very early Saturday morning in Dar Es Salaam. I will send you the email with all the information! Then you can buy some of your study materials for class!

Now you have finished your first week of college, my brilliant and dedicated Son. You have much to be proud of! Mr. Jimmy and I are very proud of you. I hope you are feeling very happy. Who are some of your classmates? Are they your age? Are they mostly men, or women too? Are they funny, or serious?

Thank you for your prayers for our sick friend! He is getting better slowly but surely. On Monday, he will visit the doctor for a checkup. I think it will be 6 or 7 more weeks of nursing care.

Thank you for your encouragement in my nursing skills, and for remembering I learned a little Kiswahili while in Dar Es Salaam! That reminds me to ask you, How is dear Mr. Iddi and all his family? Please give him my very best greetings.

Today I received an email from Edna Msumba, one of my friends at Soma Book Cafe! When I write her back, I will ask her if there will be another theater night at Soma soon -- then I will tell you what I hear! Edna said it is very hot in Dar Es Salaam now and that it has not rained so it's very dry. How do you get enough water to drink when it's so hot? Do you buy bottled water? Do you get thirsty at Learnit College? When I was in Dar Es Salaam, I drank so much water all the time, and I had to buy it because you can't drink it from the faucet.

When you come to America, you will be able to drink good water from the faucet, as much as you like. However, you will have to bundle up in warm clothes against the cold. Today it is minus-16 degrees Celsius here!! I don't like it. I run from my house to my car, then from my car into my office, and try not to stay outside for long.

Usiku mwema!

MAY GOD BLESS MY SON!

Your faithful Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment