Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jan 23 2010 from Cleveland

Habari Son? Asante sana for trying to mail the photos today -- I'm sorry the Post Office was closed on Saturday! But now I will just be more excited to wait and receive your new photos!

I hope your clothes-washing was easy for you. I like to imagine you here in Cleveland with me and Mr. Jimmy, washing and drying your clothes in our machines, nice and easy! When God wishes, you will be here to do it!

I'm sad about Malawi getting knocked out from the Africa Cup of Nations. However, they have much to be proud of, because they played in a world-class event and did well. Also, I'm glad your father was happy!

Now I'm hoping to hear that MANCHESTER UNITED was victorious over HULL CITY! Did you watch the game as usual, in a public place where there is a big television? How many people were there to watch? Do only men watch, or do women attend also?

Here in Cleveland, yes football is popular, but it's mostly played by the primary and secondary students. Here we call it "soccer." When you come to America according to God's plan, maybe you will be a soccer coach for students!

We also have American football, which is even more popular, and of course basketball with LeBron James and Hakeem Thabeet!

Here is America, when people aren't in school any more, they don't play sports very much. They lift weights at the gym or go running. They like to watch sports on TV. Americans are not physically fit enough, because about 50% of all American are overweight, fat, or very fat from eating too much and not exercising. It's a big health problem here. I think it's awful that in Africa, people are starving, and here in America, people eat too much and get fat. I pray for God to feed all the people who are hungry.

Mr. Jimmy and I are SO VERY PROUD of our fine son Bashir! We are blessing you with prayers for your exciting first day of classes in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION on Monday 25 January!

May God Bless You, Son!

Your faithful Mum,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment