Monday, March 8, 2010

March 5 2010 from Cleveland

Dear Son, asante sana for your wonderful email! Also, asante for telling me more details about your struggles with Malaria. You are a kind and loving son because you don't want to worry me. But I am very glad you told me about the continuing problem of Malaria, because I do want to know about your days and all your experiences.

From what I have read, mosquitoes thrive in the humid climate and low altitude (sea level) of Dar Es Salaam, especially during the rainy season. The mosquitoes then transmit Malaria to humans. In my reading, I learned that Malaria is not common in dry areas or high altitudes such as mountains. I also read that there is no vaccine to prevent Malaria.

Indeed it is another thing to love about your home country Malawi -- that it is free of Malaria!

I am glad the Clinic gives you the drugs you need to heal, but I'm sad the malaria comes back soon after.

My heart smiles to know you are enjoying your Studies. And I will be cheering for Manchester United to win an awesome victory against Wolves United!

MAY GOD BLESS MY PRECIOUS SON BASHIR!

Your loving and faithful Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment