Monday, March 29, 2010

Mar 28 2010 from Cleveland

Habari Bashir! I am just getting on my computer to write my Son an email! Mr. Jimmy and I are home safely. I'm sending this right now in case you are still at the Internet Cafe. I will write a longer email after this. Your Loving Mum

Mar 28 2010 from Cleveland

My Dear Son, I'm so sorry you were worried. Mr. Jimmy and I arrived home safely from Florida last night (Saturday) as planned. Then we were so exhausted, we could only sleep and sleep for hours! This morning, we had to go shopping for staples. This afternoon (Sunday), when I sat down at the computer to email you, I suddenly received your email expressing your concern for us! I replied immediately with a short note to reassure you, but you must have been gone from the Internet Cafe already.

I was glad to read about the excellent 4-0 victory of MANCHESTER UNITED over BOLTON WANDERER!

Now I am ready to answer your questions about Florida.

"What have you brought for me from Florida?"

I have brought you some pictures, a small souvenir, and a tiny beautiful seashell I found on the beach.

For Hilda I have brought a picture and a small souvenir.

Could you ask Hilda if I may send these items in a little package to her post office box?

Also, Hilda should be receiving the package with the books by Wed 31 March.

"Once again I welcome you at home & I hope to start again sending daily Emails as we always do."

Thank you for your wonderful welcome to us! My heart smiled to discover your emails. Yes, for sure, let us send our daily emails again beginning now.

"Does it mean that My Dad Mr.Jimmy's home is Florida? Is Cleveland a home of you Mum?"

Your Dad's home is Cleveland, but his Mum and Dad moved to Florida years ago. Lots of Americans like them "retire" to Florida. Do you know "retire"? It means to stop working once you have reached old age. Florida is a little warmer than Cleveland, so many retired people like to go there.

My home is Boston, where I was born and raised, but then I moved to Cleveland when I was about 11 years old. So I now call Boston, Cleveland, and Dar Es Salaam my homes!

On Wed 31 March, I will go to Western Union to send you money for your mattress and for you to send your father.

MAY GOD BLESS MY WONDERFUL SON BASHIR!

Your loving and grateful Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment