Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18 2010 from Dar Es Salaam

Hello, Son, habari gani? I'm very happy you got the money safely from Western Union! Karibu sana and asante for being such a wonderful son and for using your money very wisely.

It's an excellent idea to have a budget! You're very smart to do that. Also, you shop the same way your Mum does! We both buy the "staples" that will stay fresh for a while, then more frequently we buy the fresh foods that must be enjoyed quickly while they are fresh. It's fun to know my Son shops the way I do - it makes me smile!


I will for sure tell Abby your greetings! She has not been able to visit my house for a long time, but when she does, I will be proud to show her my photos of you, which I have framed - the ones from Christmas and New Year's Day! She already knows you from the photos I showed her from my trip to Dar Es Salaam, and the many happy stories I tell her about you.

I will call Douglas this weekend and ask him about the email he was planning to send you! I will also ask him if he has received your photos! Usually it takes 2 weeks for the mail to reach between Dar Es Salaam and Cleveland or Chicago.

Usually I don't talk to Douglas on the phone. Instead we send each other short "text message." Do you have text message on your new Internet phone? But tomorrow or Sunday, I hope to reach Douglas by phone to find out all the news! Then for sure I will email you right away to tell you what he said.

Your Mum is thrilled to know you are having such good times at SOMA CAFÉ for the World Cup! I'm sorry the electricity went off, but I'm happy you were with friends at Soma when it happened! Yes, for sure, my friend Edna Msumba works at Soma Book Cafe! She is such a special, dear, wise, and caring lady. I'm so happy you can see Edna and talk with her when you're at Soma. Edna and I like to email each other!

MAY GOD BLESS MY BELOVED SON BASHIR/ENTERTAINER
Your loving and proud Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment