Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 12 2010 from Cleveland

Habari gani, my dear Son? Thank you for asking about my Darling Niece Ava! She is doing very well. Now she is 11 years old (kumi na moja) and she is finishing "grade 4" at school. On 2 July, I will fly to Boston for a visit to see her, and my nephew Benjamin, my sister Sarah, and Sarah's husband Tony (my brother-in-law, as we call it). I will visit them 2 July through 5 July, then return home to Cleveland. Your Dad Mr. Jimmy will stay here in Cleveland to work and take care of our house and the cats! When I'm in Boston, I will try to take some new pictures of Ava and me -- and send them to you! For sure, I will tell Ava and her family you say "Hi!"

It's wonderful for you to be a proud American, Son! But I want you to always be a proud African, too! You can be both! You can be American and African. It is called "dual citizenship" and I like it very much. I am so very proud of my American African son, Bashir!

I'm also very happy that you will go to Soma for some of the World Cup matches! Please have good times! You can bring Mr. Iddi and your friends from college! Everyone is welcome.

Today it's very hot in Cleveland -- the weather is just like August in Dar Es Salaam! Your Mum loves the hot weather. I'm lucky to have a fan to cool myself.

Do you have a fan in your new room? Maybe you can buy a little fan at Kariakoo. On Tuesday night 15 June, I will send you your monthly money and maybe it will be enough to buy a little fan.

I will send you $150 USD as always. Now that you don't need money for Internet cafe, you can use it for your SIM card or your other monthly needs.

MAY GOD BLESS MY BRILLIANT AND COURAGEOUS SON!

Your loving and proud Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment