Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mar 30 2010 from Cleveland

Habari, Bashir? I pray my dear Son is doing well! Right now it is Tuesday night in Cleveland. Tomorrow evening, Wed 31 March, I will go to Western Union to send you $100 USD, then I will come home and send you an email with the information so you can get your money, and your mattress, and send a gift to your dear father!

Tonight I have prepared your package for shipping to Hilda's post office box. Tomorrow Mr. Jimmy will take it to the post office, so Hilda should receive it by Wed 14 April. I'm hoping the books have reached her post office box!

Now your Mum is training to run a 10K race! 10 kilometers equals about 6.25 miles. The race is here in Cleveland on Sunday 16 May, so I have 7 weeks for training. My goal is not to win the race but to finish the race in 1 hour or less. I just want to see if I can do it! Today was my first training day and it was easy -- just running 20 minutes at an easy pace. Tomorrow after Western Union, I will run 30 minutes on small hills.

Usiku mwemu!

MAY GOD BLESS MY DEAR SON!

Your caring and faithful Mum

Mar 31 2010 from Cleveland

Hello, my dear son Bashir!

Here is the Western Union information for you to pick up the money! Please let me know when you have the money safely.

I sent 100 U.S. Dollars, which is about 132,000 shillings. It's for your mattress and for a gift to your dear father!

(…)

MAY GOD BLESS MY SON!

Your Loving Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment