Friday, April 30, 2010

Apr 28 2010 from Cleveland

Dear Bashir, I hope my dear son is doing well! I had an excellent trip to Chicago for the convention of the International Reading Association. I attended various lectures given by authors, and a special speech given by Al Gore, the former Vice president of the United States. He spoke on the importance of reading and literacy for all. He is a great speaker! I presented a speech on bibliotherapy, which is using books for personal growth and problem-solving. Also, I saw lots of friends, including some friends who were also in Dar Es Salaam at the conference last August!

My airplane travels were easy and safe. My hotel room was on the 36th floor of a high-rise hotel! Douglas sends his greetings to you. He and his girlfriend Jen and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at a restaurant near my hotel.

Today I am still getting caught up at work and have a busy day ahead! And I continue training for the 10k race, which takes place on May 16. My training is going well.

MAY GOD BLESS MY DEAR SON!

Your loving and dedicated Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment