Sunday, May 2, 2010

Apr 30 2010 from Cleveland

Dear Son, I am praying for your perfect safety and health during the rainy season in Dar Es Salaam! It sounds very bad and serious. I have heard about the rainy season there, and how it makes daily life very difficult.

Are you able to get to College, or are the streets closed?

Are you able to get your food, meat, and water to drink?

I am very happy that on 15 May, I will send you money for your new room! Of course I will also send your monthly money. Will Mr. Iddi assist you in finding the best room for 40,000 shillings per month? (As you described, I will send the amount for one year since you must pay in advance.)

Then I will also send the payment to Hilda at Learnit College!

At the end of May, I will send you money for your relatives in Malawi for their clothes and other items, and also a gift of money for your father!

I know a professor named Pete Mhunzi from the United States who will be in Dar Es Salaam on 22 May (and possibly before and after that date). He hopes to meet you while he is there! He is presenting a paper on Kiswahili as an important language in Tanzania. I am going to give him your email address so he can write to you directly. I will tell him it's the rainy season in Dar Es Salaam and that you might not be able to get on the Internet every day!

MAY GOD BLESS MY BRAVE, BRILLIANT, WONDERFUL SON!

Your proud and loving Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment