Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feb 5 2010 from Cleveland

Dear Son,

Your Dad and I received your handsome photos and brilliant letter yesterday!! We are very excited because indeed you look extremely healthy, physically fit, and happy!! We keep looking at the photos and saying to each other, "Our Son looks great!" Mr. Jimmy also said he admires your excellent writing and large vocabulary in English, and I agree! So now my heart is put at ease to know that you are eating better and the meat is helping you have good health!

You mentioned about your room in Dar Es Salaam. First I want to tell you that when the time comes, Mr. Jimmy and I will pay your rent for the whole year. In four months, Mr. Jimmy will be working again if God wishes, and we will have more money. Second, I want to ask if you want to stay in the same room or if you want to find to another place, maybe one that also has a sitting room or electricity. Mr. Jimmy and I could afford to pay Tshs 40,000 a month for your rent. Tell me your comments.

Dar Es Salaam is a big city, with all the benefits of a city such as jobs, schools, businesses, variety of activities, and so forth. But it also has the detriments of a city such as dirt, squalor, poverty, and overcrowding. In comparison, Malawi sounds like a paradise.

What is the food like in Malawi? You mentioned it is very good!

How are you feeling now that you have finished two weeks of your new courses? I hope you are feeling very happy and also proud of your own fine work.

Also, how is Mr. Iddi and his family?

Is there a Manchester United game this weekend?

MAY GOD BLESS MY SON!

Your faithful Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment