Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 6 2010 from Cleveland

Dear Bashir, how is my fine Son today? Thank you for your wonderful email today! I have attached some photos of my darling niece Ava, my sister Sarah, and my brother-in-law (Sarah's husband) Tony, from my visit to their home in Boston. Tell me if you're able to see the photos!

On Friday 2 July, I flew to Boston instead of driving because the flight takes 2 hours, but driving would take 12 hours. When I arrived, we enjoyed some nice family times, talking and relaxing. Sarah and i took Ava and Benjamin to the town swimming pool. Later, Tony cooked hamburgers on the grill for our dinner. Sarah and I also went for a 3-mile run (about 5K).

On Saturday 3 July, Sarah and I ran 5K in the morning. Then we drove to Portsmouth, New Hampshire (about 1 hour's drive) to pick up my brother Joel, then we drove to Ogunquit Beach for swimming and sunshine. Later we drove back to Portsmouth and walked for 30 minutes to a very pleasant and delicious restaurant, where we all ate seafood like lobster, fish (haddock), and oysters, as well as pizza and chicken. After dinner, we walked for 15 minutes to the park, where thousands of people gathered to watch the fireworks show. Do you know "fireworks"?

On Sunday 4 July, Sarah and I competed in a 2.5 mile race (a little less than 5k). Sarah won 1st place in her category (Women age 40-49) and I placed 2nd in my category (Women age 50-59; I am 510, so we were extremely happy with our performances! Then we took Ava and Benjamin back to the town pool for a nice swim.

On Monday 5 July, Ava and Benjamin went to summer camp for the day, Tony went to work, and Sarah and I drove to the town of Wellesley, near Boston, for some pleasant walking in the sunshine. Later we ate lunch, then she drove me to the bus which took me to the airport.

In total, it was a very delightful vacation!

MUNGU AKUBARIKI! MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH HIS MAXIMUM SECURITY, DEAR SON!

Your loving and caring Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment